Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers' Day!

Dear Grandma and Grams,

Since this is my first experience with Mothers' day I was not sure what to do. Presents were all but impossible- I don't have any money. I can't even afford the 39 cents to send a card. Making something crafty sounded fun, but I didn't have time (I was only born 2 weeks ago). I was going to write a poem, but I am not sure how to rhyme and I only know one syllable (making haiku impossible). Pop told me that I didn't have to get Grams a present. He said that she isn't my mom and that she would understand. Still I wanted to do something. So, I agreed to pose with Mom and Pop for a picture. I will see you both very soon.

For my mom on her day I went to mass with her and behaved the whole time. Breakfast in bed was great, but then Pop let me know that Mom was the one that is supposed to eat in bed, not me. Again, I was only born two weeks ago so I don't have all this stuff down. Pop agreed to help me out and got Mom some Keen sandals. He thought that was better than my idea of waking her up in the middle of the night and surprising her with a dirty diaper (but I did it anyway).

We are looking forward to tomorrow when Pop finishes his last exam. I haven't been around too long, but I already know there are two things I don't like: tests and being naked in cold rooms. Mom says that sounds pretty normal.

Well, I better go; I'm a little hungry and I need a bath.

Love you both,
EK


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elijah,
Thank you so much for posing with your mom and pops to send me an update on Mother's Day. I hope your day went well and that you were good for your mom on her very first Mother's Day! Over the years you will learn to love and cherish your mother for all that care and concern she gives you. I have always loved Mother's Day because I love being a mom to your mother and her brother, Uncle Tom. Now, I have the privilege of being your grandmother and I look forward to the days when I can teach you about poetry (and it won't have to rhyme!) and you will draw me pictures and write me letters. What fun that will be. Right now, we are just having fun looking at you on this new blogsite. I hope you sleep well for your mom tonight. I wonder how the bath went today. Last week you almost seemed to enjoy it. Good night little Angel.
Love,
Grandma